Family News

Welcome back to school!


Thursday, February 25, 2010

28 Years Together

Since Uncle Don and Aunt Sue will be celebrating their anniversary this Friday I had to ask them a few questions.

Me:Where did you meet?
Sue: We met on a blind date

Me: How many years will you be celebrating?
Sue: 28 years

Me: What was your first thought when you saw/met each other?
Don: "Wow! It's not Marva"
Sue: I thought he was a nice man but I just want to get this date over with.
Me: Do tell!

Me: Do you remember what you were wearing?
Sue: Don was wearing a nice brown sport coat and brown shoes and pants and a really gaggy tie.
Me: The last bit about the tie was too cute!
Sue: I was wearing a soft grey dress, black hose and high heels and a mock fur jacket, grey to white in color.
Me: OOh LA LA!

Me: Favorite characteristic you like about each other.
Sue: I liked his sense of humor.
Me: One of my favorite attributes too!
Don: He liked her legs.
Me: I think that is a LaValle characteristic because I think my legs are my best feature too.

Me: What is the best advise you can give about marriage?
Sue: Scripture tell us "in love, prefer one another" meaning, if you have 2 apples and one has a bad spot, give the best to the other person. If you are going out to dinner and you are hungry for tacos and he wants chicken go for chicken. The key to this working is in the spirit of giving in. My saying in, "Give in, not up"

Thanks for the interview guys! We wish you the best!

1 comment: